Community Development Keeping Busy During COVID-19
- Created a business survey to determine the economic impact of COVID-19, i.e., how long businesses could stay open, what resources were needed.
- Invited to participate as webinar panel presenter on the importance of conducting Business Retention and Expansion program post COVID-19.
- Worked with economic development organizations to help them interpret and identify useful parts of the CARES Act.
- Worked with small businesses to secure Payback Protection.
- Program dollars through the SBA.
- Created an IMPLAN (Impact Analysis for Planning) Team- Uses software to put economic modeling to work.
- Distributed personal protective equipment (PPE) safety toolkits to local small businesses in two counties.
- Partnered with Rural Action and received USDA funding ($250,000) to hone a BRE/microenterprise outreach project for Morgan, Meigs, and Vinton to address COVID response.