Sponsorships are university-based financial support of external non-profit organizations or events that:
- Align with the mission of the university and those of its colleges or units;
- Are relevant across the university;
- Enhance the quality of life and meaningful partnerships in the local community; and
- Raise the profile of the university within the community
The following outlines the process to follow when contacted about program or event sponsorship:
1. Unit receives a request to sponsor an event or program and/or purchase a table for an external event or organization.
2. The request, regardless of dollar amount, is forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 4 weeks in advance of the event (or as soon as possible) with any known background or information about the event or organization. If there is a letter of request and/or other documents regarding the sponsorship details, please attach to the email. At minimum, the following details are needed: • Name of Organization
- Event Name
- Reason for Request (254 characters or less)
- Date of Event
- Department/Unit Requesting Sponsorship
3. The request will be reviewed to determine if there are advantages to a college-wide sponsorship and to determine if the request must be submitted through the central university system for approval.
4. Within 3-5 business days, a response will be sent to the requesting unit outlining next steps and/or options.
5. Upon initiating payment, please attach the college’s email response to your eRequest so that the service center knows the sponsorship request has been reviewed.
1. Regardless of requested sponsorship amount, the request should still be submitted as outlined above.
2. If a request meets or exceeds $10,000 it will require additional university review – please allow 30 days for this process.