Once a spend authorization is approved, travel related expenses must be submitted on an expense report within 60 days of the original expense occurrence, or it will be processed as taxable income.
The federal mileage rate for 2021 has been reduced to $0.56/mile. Please note special instructions have been given to SNAP-Ed personnel due to the reduced mileage rate for that federal grant. If you have another grant with a reduced mileage rate, please consult with your CCM.
Create a Blanket “Spend Authorization”
- Link to ARC (admin resource center) job aid on creating Spend Authorizations
- Link to Translation Tool. This will help you translate your old Chartfield Values to FDM Worktags. Reminder, there is no longer a User Defined option. Program Values are a good option for tracking your expenses. You may want to consult with your office leadership or Fiscal Officer on standard Worktags to be used for your unit.
- “Spend Authorization Information” section
- Dates: Fiscal Year 2022- July 1, 2021- June 30, 2022
- Description: type “Blanket spend authorization for in-state mileage”
- Business Purpose: select “blanket travel”
- Justification (required): this is the old “business purpose” field. Please be thorough with you justifications and address the business essential nature of the request.
- Click “add” under “spend authorization lines”
- The “Expense Item” will be “Mileage (Federal Rate)"
- The quantity will be the number of miles you expect to travel, which will automatically populate a total amount for the request
- Memo: type “in-state mileage”
- Enter your Worktags
- Origination and Destination locations are required. Most of our county seats are not listed as originations. For now, input “*All Other Continental US Locations, United States of America”
- Number of trips: best estimate
- Once submitted for approval, your spend authorization will be reviewed/approved by both your CCM and Unit Leader (Area Leader for county offices, Assistant Director for state areas)