Set Up an Account
Visit extensionpubs.osu.edu. Register in upper right corner. BEFORE you place your first order, call 800-678-6114 or email email@example.com. This will ensure that you are added to the appropriate county office or department account. This will set your account to be tax exempt and discounted (CFAES 36%).
Place Your Order
Once Extension Publishing confirms your account is set up, log into the store, search for titles, and add them to your cart. Large orders can be placed using the bulk order form linked from the bottom right of every page. Proceed to checkout. Confirm shipping and billing addresses. Add comments for Ext Pubs staff as needed. Choose PAY ON ACCOUNT, under the Credit Card payment option. [Do NOT pay with PCard.] Once your order ships, you will receive an invoice by email. Save the invoice to attach to your Workday request. Do not pay by check.
Pay with Non-Catalog Requisition
You will need your invoice saved as a PDF and the total amount to do the requisition.
- Log into Workday and navigate to Requisitions from the Menu in the top left.
- From the HOME page, click on MENU, then Requisitions.
- Check in the left side panel, “Requisition Details”, confirm that the information is correct.
- Scroll down to Ordering Methods and select "Request Non-Catalog Items"
- What Do You Need to Order? Description of order, for example: Books for 4-H members, etc.
- What Type of Order Is It? SC10659 (Publications Printed)
- This is a GOODS item.
- Quantity = 1, Unit Measure = Bundle, Unit Cost = Order Total
- Under Other Details to Add: Supplier = Comm Media Distribution OSUE Publications
- Memo: Order # or SI-000000 (Pubs Sales Invoice number) along with Business Purpose. This shows up in the Goods line for reporting purposes.
- Click ADD to CART button and then at top left, go to CART, CHECKOUT
- In the "Memo to Supplier" field - *IMPORTANT to put Invoice Number(s) SI-000000 of order, (no longer need to add Worktags here)
- Expand on the Business Purpose in Internal Memo
- Be sure to fill in all MEMO fields: Memo to supplier should include your sales invoice number(s) and Internal Memo is the Business Purpose field. You will find the original memo you used below in the goods line.
- Attach invoice(s).
When approved, the PO (Purchase Order) is routed to Extension Publishing. When payment is applied, a receipt is emailed to the primary contact on your store account.
To print the PO for your records if desired: view Requisition, scroll to the left in the good line and click the PO number. In next screen View Goods Order Line, click PO number again, scroll down to Printing Runs, click link for pdf to print.
*Putting the Sales Invoice number(s) or Order #s in the "Memo to Supplier" field aids in processing payment. Multiple publication orders using the same work tags for payment can be added to the same requisition in Workday: ADD a separate line per invoice and list the Sales Invoice or Order numbers for each order in the MEMO to Suppliers.
Be sure to put in a thorough Business Purpose, not just “ordering publications”, remember to justify the WHY.
Paying with a Workday Requisition is required (OSU to OSU). PCard or check payments are not permitted.