As we are seeing an increase in PCard activity again, we have started the reallocation spreadsheet process up again in June for PCard Managers.
Discretionary spending restrictions are still in place. Please be sure transactions have appropriate backup/business purpose per the Critical Procurement Guidelines. A lot of this month’s orders are for PPE, no additional documentation necessary as long as your business purpose includes language about PPE. Otherwise, please be sure the extension exemption approvals from Lori Kaser are provided with your expenses. (These approvals are only given on case-by-case requests, no blanket request provided.)
The University continues to operate under a discretionary spending pause. Any purchases of a discretionary nature should be delayed until the pause is lifted. In the meantime, if you have any specific procurement needs not addressed below, please reach out to Jesse Buxton to discuss the potential purchase. When possible we should procure items through non-appropriated funding sources to preserve our appropriated budgets.
The following items may be purchased at this time:
- Supplies for approved Research/Extension exemptions – exemption approval from Lori Kaser and associated documents should be attached to all requests
- Supplies to support virtual instruction – please note in the business purpose that the purchase is for virtual teaching/learning
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supplies – please note PPE in the business purpose
- Supplies necessary for day-to-day office operations – please note the critical need of the office supplies (paper, toner, postage, etc) in the business purpose
- Supplies for fairs – please note the dates of the fair and confirm the local Ag Society has announced that the fair will proceed
- Registrations for virtual conferences – please provide a detailed business purpose and include Jackie Wilkins’ approval (Jackie can provide blanket approval for conferences. Work with Assistant Directors to obtain blanket approval)
- Virtual professional development - please provide a detailed business purpose and include Jackie Wilkins’ approval (eRequest Ad Hoc or email)
- Institutional Memberships - please provide a detailed business purpose and include Jackie Wilkins’ approval (eRequest Ad Hoc or email)