CFAES Give Today
Extension Operations

Ohio State University Extension


Expense Item “Food” Clarification for OSP and UNIV Grants

Nov. 30, 2021

When entering FOOD purchases in Workday as OSP grant expenditures (using FD520- for ‘Grants and Contracts Sponsored Programs Fund’ with a GR#) whether PCard or other mode of paying, please be sure to use the Expense Item ‘Teaching Aids and Materials’ (SC10699) so the expense will post to the correct budget category on the grant. This holds true for SNAP-Ed and other OSP grants.

UNIV requests, such as EFNEP, would continue to use ‘Food not restaurants or catering’ (SC10693)for the Expense Item when FOOD is purchased, being sure to notate that due to confidentiality of the program that the list of participants is kept in-office.