CFAES Give Today
Extension Operations

Ohio State University Extension


Education Scholarships to Colleges/Student Awards to Students

Jan. 21, 2021
  • Student Scholarships

    • Payments directly to youth for “scholarships” (which we should call “student awards”) will be done with a Miscellaneous Payment in Workday.
      • First- check to see if payee is in the system, if not- Create Miscellaneous Payee - choose "Student" as Misc Payee Category, be sure to fill out the TAB CONTACT INFORMATION and attach the Supplier/Payee Setup Form in the Attachments TAB before hitting OK.
      • Payee type “Student”
      • Memo: “Extension Youth Award”
      • Attach Supplier/Payee Setup Form, or choose existing payee (Please do NOT FAX or email the form)
      • Then Create Miscellaneous Payment- using the new Misc Payee #-
    • *** FOR BOTH MP and SIR:
      • Attach any backup documentation (award letter)
      • Handling code is RE-Regular
      • Statutory Invoice Type: "Other Non-PO Invoices USA"
      • SC10949 "Awards and Prizes"
    • Other institution scholarships: Done with “Create Supplier Invoice Request”- for scholarship payments directly to non-OSU institutions (preferred process instead of paying individual)
      • Create Supplier Invoice Request
      • Memo: “Extension Youth Scholarship” and name of student (copy this into each MEMO line)
      • Attach any backup documentation (award letter) 
      • Choose supplier (institution) and follow through the request - IF a NEW Supplier (not in the system), please send completed vendor setup form to your section's Fiscal Liaison (once supplier is in the system, follow through with the request)
    • OSU Students: Email student information and FDM values to Pat, all OSU student scholarships are handled internally- Phone: 614-247-6236 and provide the student's name, student's OSU employee ID, award amount, scholarship name and endowment ORG and fund #.